Tuesday 17 January 2012

Ridicule is nothing to be scared of

I wish I'd had this blog back in November when I went to see Adam Ant's gig, the memories would be a lot fresher. It's okay though, I remember the night in a hazy kinda cool way. Well, i know it ended with me losing my wallet anyway. This is getting off topic. I just decided today, after wearing my Adam Ant t- shirt yet again, to do a short post on that great decade which saw such odd and inventive style.

Adam deserves two thumbs up, more photos of this outfit on Chictopia...


Eighties fashion fascinates me, it was so... ugly in a great way. I barely scrape into being an Eighties baby, I was born in August '89, so my view on the fashion scene is purely from music, tv, and films. Men wore make- up, women dressed in trouser suits, it was all delightfully subversive. Adam's return to music and touring after a long hiatus proves that the eighties are still relevant. There's a lot we can learn from a decade which persevered through an economic situation like the one we're facing now, and triumphed. Let's do as our 1980s counterparts did, and party through it. Maybe dressing up a bit crazy won't solve the recession, but it sure makes me feel a lot better!

No comments:

Post a Comment