Sunday 15 January 2012

First Outfit of the Day

This blog is a continuation of a post I put on Chictopia, found here... http://www.chictopia.com/LauraInTheSky For those unfamiliar with the website, it's a massive online community of fashion lovers who post inspiration, every day looks, and general fashion discussions. I've been addicted to browsing the website for about two years now, and I've finally decided to start posting. This decision also brought about the start of the blog. I've written on fashion before, and yet I never thought to start a blog. Well, perhaps I did think about it, but the sheer number of existing fashion bloggers is... intimidating. So, I'll throw my hat into the ring with no expectations, other than to create something that I enjoy! Lovely posts full of fashion, not just awkward ones of me attempting to post a passable outfit of the day, but what inspires me also. Working in fashion is all I can think of now that I've finished my degree (B.A in English and history, if you were wondering). I don't want to make a rambly first post, so I'll merely add in some photos from an impromptu photo shoot in the garden today, taken for my first outfit of the day post on Chictopia.
Perched on the edge of an empty pond... deep.

I did add a coat on top later for a stroll to the shops.

Yes, a somewhat awkward turnout. But not bad for a first attempt. I was trying to show the beautiful drape of the sleeves, cue much awkward posing. I'm much more comfortable writing the words, honest. And I do love this outfit. I was told by an elderly lady in the queue behind me in the shops that I was a bit dressed up to be out buying the papers on a Sunday. I'll take that as a compliment.

1 comment: